Laura and Richard chose the picturesque country setting of the Swan Lake Resort outside of Plymouth for their spring wedding. Richard was also a big fan of our own DJ Sticky Boots, having grown up listening to the HyperMiXx on U93 at Culver Academy, so the Sticky Boots Platinum wedding package was an easy choice for him and Laura. The power and versatility of this package was also a huge benefit given the size of the Swan Lake ballroom and the size of the guest list, which numbered over 200.
Laura and Richard’s bridal party was a big one too with 20 people total and the custom grand entrance we put together with a Flo Rida megamix was a huge hit to start the reception off on the right note. Guests entered the ballroom to the glow of purple uplighting from our wireless LED uplighting and then enjoyed cocktails, heartfelt toasts, and a delicious plated meal with desert course in addition to wedding cake.
Dancing included a detailed playlist provided by the bride and groom with many eclectic favorites and Disney soundtrack selections, all with special meaning to the couple and their friends. A highlight was definitely Laura and her college friends all singing along at the top of their lungs to “Make a Man Out of You” from Disney’s Mulan or Richard’s friends to “Eye to Eye” from A Goofy Movie. Unique touches like this are one of the reasons we love weddings!
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: Custom Flo Rida mix of “Good Feeling” and “How I Feel”
- Cake Cutting: This Will Be – Natalie Cole
- First Dance: “Everything” – Michael Buble
- Father & Daughter Dance: My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
- Mother & Son Dances: Wedding Coat – Stonewest Chambers f. Shelly Rann
- Anniversary Dance: Remember When – Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss: Single Ladies – Beyonce
- Garter Toss: Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
Swan Lake Resort