February may be one of the most popular months to get engaged, but it’s not as popular to be married in February, at least in northern Indiana. Molly and Jarred bucked that trend however and used the stunning setting of The Brick near the St. Joe River in South Bend to put together a magical day filled with fun, family, friends, and laughter, not to mention quite a bit of dancing!
This fun couple took full advantage of our comprehensive services by selecting the Gold DJ package with ceremony coverage and a complement of beautiful cobalt-blue uplights to really set of their winter wedding. The deep blue of the uplighting always looks fabulous against the soft yellow light of all the Edison-style lightbulbs that hang in The Brick, but work even better at this time of year during the daytime against a typically gray sky.
After a very contemporary ceremony in the same space as the dinner and dancing, guests enjoyed cocktails, toasting, and dinner before watching the bridal party cut loose to Uptown Funk. All the guests joined in for the rest of that bridal party dance and the no one saw the actual dance floor the rest of the night do to all the happy feet filling it, including an amazing flash mob-style dance to “Stop in the Name of Love” by all the women in the groom’s family. The night ended in spectacular fashion too with a Grand Exit at 11:00pm to a custom version of a Journey favorite. February might be the shortest month, but there was no shortage of smiles this night!
Ceremony song selections:
- Seating of Mothers: Thousand Years – Piano Guys
- Bridal Processional: Love Story – Piano Guys
- Bride’s Entrance: Love Story (custom edit) – Piano Guys
- Sand Ceremony – The Wedding Song (There Is Love) – Paul Stuckey
- Recessional: Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: On Top of the World – Imagine Dragons
- Cake Cutting – Everything – Michael Buble
- First Dance: I Don’t Dance – Lee Brice
- Father & Daughter Dance: I Loved Her First - Heartland
- Mother & Son Dance: Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Wedding Party Dance: Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson f. Bruno Mars
- Anniversary Dance: Remember When – Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies – Beyonce
- Garter Toss – Save A Horse – Ride a Cowboy
- Grand Exit – Don’t Stop Believin’ (custom loop) - Journey