Nothing beats a good old fashioned Italian wedding reception and DJ Iceberg had the pleasure of rocking a super fun one this June at the gorgeous Brick in South Bend, Indiana. Mike’s family is the Italian side of this marriage and the Brick was packed with nearly 300 of Mike and Molly’s friends and family for food, drinking, dancing, and some more dancing!
In addition to our Gold wedding package, Iceberg lit up the Brick with our Dazzle uplighting package in a stunning cobalt blue color, which is a perfect complement to brick and metal walls and the warm yellow glow of all the hanging Edison bulbs throughout the venue.
Cocktail music consisted of a contemporary soft hit playlist with the large buffet dinner accompanied by Italian jazz standards from Dean Martin and other rat-pack alumni. Cocktail hour also had a very unique “character artist” drawing fun caricatures of the guests while they sipped drinks. After sentimental toasts, cake cutting, and special dances, Iceberg warmed up the dancefloor with a skillful blend of party favorites, new hip-hop and EDM, and of course a handful of traditional Italian selections for Mikes mother and other relatives including “Tarantella Calabrese”.
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: Bring Em Out – T.I. f. Jay Z.
- Cake Cutting: Lucky – Jason Mraz & Colby Caillat
- First Dance: Everytime I Close My Eyes – Babyface f. Mariah Carey
- Father & Daughter Dance: My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
- Mother & Son Dance: Momma - Italian
- Bouquet Toss: Dear Future Husband – Meghan Trainor
- Garter Toss: Whatta Man – Salt N’ Pepa