One of the terrific features of the Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner Theatre in Elkhart is its flexibility to handle so many different types of events, not to mention its elegant surroundings. When Taylor and Tom were looking for a venue for their Elkhart, IN wedding, they knew the search was over when they visited the Lerner and super-coordinator Andrea Wade showed them the possibilities.
Taylor planned to have both her ceremony and reception in the same space in the Crystal Ballroom and chose our Platinum wedding package with DJ Sticky Boots as her disc jockey DJ and master of ceremonies. One great feature of all of our wedding packages is that for ceremonies held in the same space as the reception, utilizing the same sound system, we don’t charge any additional fee to handle the coordination, music, and microphones for the ceremony. This creates greater value for our clients, and Taylor knew a good deal when she saw one!
After the ceremony and a lovely cocktail hour to the contemporary sounds of artists like Jason Mraz and Bruno Mars, guests enjoyed a delicious dinner buffet from Crystal Ballroom Catering and a little comedic entertainment with the “Show Game” (or Newlywed Game as we like to call it). The happy couple sat back to back at the center of the dancefloor asking questions personally prepared by their Elkhart wedding DJ to see how well they really knew each other. Friends and family roared with laughter as the bride and groom held up their respective shoes to indicate their answers.
The real treat was to come after cake however when Taylor and Tom amazed their guests with a custom-choreographed first dance to the sounds of “Black Magic Woman”. Starting dramatically from separate corners of the dance floor, Tom whisked Taylor off her feet in a series of amazing lifts and spins and the entire spectacle certainly set the tone for the rest of the evening’s festivities!
With the newlywed game, special dances, anniversary dance, and tosses complete, the dancefloor was open for the rest of the evening; and Sticky Boots rocked friends and family with a modern mix of fresh new music with party classics until the evening drew to a close. Guests departed downtown Elkhart with smiles on their faces and love in their hearts, which is exactly the reason we love what we do!
Ceremony song selections:
- Seating of Mothers: Kiss the Rain - Yiruma
- Bridal Processional: Tale As Old As Time (Disney’s Beauty And The Beast) – London Symphony Orchestra
- Bride’s Entrance: Tale As Old As Time (custom edit) – London Symphony Orchestra
- Recessional: Say Hey (I Love You) – Michael Franti & Spearheads
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: Levels – Avicii
- Cake Cutting: How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
- First Dance: Black Magic Woman (custom edit) - Santana
- Father & Daughter Dance: You’ll Be In My Heart – Phil Collins
- Mother & Son Dance: What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Anniversary Dance: Unforgettable – Natalie & Nat King Cole
- Bouquet Toss: I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Garter Toss: The Stripper – David Rose
The Crystal Ballroom