A summer wedding near the shores of Lake Wawasee in Syracuse Indiana is pretty much what you’d expect….fabulous! The Oakwood Resort has the lock on elegant events in Kosciusko County, and their fantastic Hilltop Event Center is the perfect setting for a combination wedding ceremony and reception. Kiri and Hytham contacted us back last December about assisting them with their celebration and chose our Gold wedding package and ceremony enhancement to make their dreams of a stress-free wedding come true.
Although it was a warm day, a nice breeze was present on the back patio of the Hilltop Center where rows of pretty white chairs were carefully set facing the green lawn and lattice archway where Kiri and Hytham would say their vows against the backdrop of Indiana’s largest natural lake. We provided crystal clear sound and a wireless microphone for their pastor, and all guests were able to feel like they were front-row witnesses to every special moment.
With the ceremony complete guests gladly moved into the air-conditioned lower level of the facility to enjoy cocktail hour through our remote speakers before transitioning upstairs for toasting, dinner, and dancing in the main event space. We also facilitated a unique take on the tosses with a “Boutonniere Toss”, which involved all the single guests standing in a group on the dance floor at once to catch the groom’s boutonniere. The boutonniere had a small cash prize attached as well….BONUS! The evening ended with a classic sparkler-lit grand exit by golf cart from the front of the building, whisking the newlyweds off to their new lives together!
Ceremony song selections:
- Seating of Mothers: Just The Way You Are – Vitamin String Quartet
- Bridal Processional: All of Me – Daniel Jang
- Bride Entrance: Can’t Help Falling In Love – Vitamin String Quartet
- Recessional: Be My Forever – Christina Perri
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
- Cake Cutting: I Can’t Help Myself – Four Tops
- First Dance: La Vie En Rose – Daniela Andrade
- Combined Parents’ Dance: What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Boutonniere Toss: Somebody Loves You – Betty Who