If you’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Swan Lake Country Club and Resort outside of Plymouth, Indiana, do yourself a favor and book a weekend getaway. It’s a beautiful campus, and the perfectly groomed course and surroundings are a great way to get away from it all. And if you’re planning a Marshall County wedding, there’s no better place either.
Michelle and Justin did just that, and although it was a very warm day for an outdoor reception, Mary Ellen and the staff at Swan Lake did an awesome job of making sure everything was perfect! We were on-site that day with not only our Gold wedding package, but also providing uplighting and full ceremony coverage for the afternoon with music and microphones for the outdoor ceremony under the gorgeous gazebo in the garden outside the conference center.
After the perfect ceremony, guests enjoyed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres outside before moving to the ballroom for dinner and dancing. After a rousing grand entrance to bring in all 18 members of the bridal party, guests enjoyed toasting followed by a tasty buffet dinner, with cake for dessert and a poutine late-night snack for those that worked up an appetite from all the dancing. And dance they did, including a strong EDM set later in the evening for Justin and all his University of Indianapolis buddies which had everyone in circle cheering on their fist-pumping moves.
Ceremony song selections:
- Seating of Mothers: Kiss the Rain - Yiruma
- Bridal Processional: Kiss the Rain - Yiruma
- Bride’s Entrance: Thousand Years – Christina Perry
- Recessional: Marry You – Bruno Mars
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: I Need Never Get Old – Nathaniel Ratcliff
- First Dance: From the Ground Up – Dan + Shay
- Father & Daughter Dance: Feels Like Today – Rascal Flatts
- Mother & Son Dance: Like Jesus Does – Eric Church
- Anniversary Dance: Remember When – Alan Jackson