Not too many places exemplify an autumn wedding in the Midwest like Amish Acres at the height of its fall season in the heart of Amish Country in Elkhart County Indiana. We assist our clients frequently for events at Amish Acres, but September and October weddings there really make the beauty of a rural working-farm setting pop for both brides and guests alike. It was a gorgeous day in late October when Brittany, Kyle, and 200 of their friends and family came together to celebrate, and our own DJ Sticky Boots handled sound, DJ, and emcee duties for both their ceremony and reception.
The ceremony was held in the intimate Locktown Meeting Hall, which has the feeling of an old country church. The Meeting Hall only holds a bit over 100 people, so only the family and close friends attended the ceremony itself; but other guests certainly had plenty to keep them busy on the sprawling Amish Acres campus featuring everything from wagon rides and shopping for authentic Amish specialties to a likely surprise visit from one of the many wild peacocks that roam the property freely.
After the ceremony guests were welcomed into the rustic turn-of-the-century dining barn with its soaring, hand-hewn beams and amazing giant farm tables. After heartfelt toasts, guests enjoyed a traditional Amish meal of fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and noodles all served “family-style” which means huge bowls and platters are passed around the table.
After dinner and cake cutting (complete with a special surprise version of “Pour Some Sugar On Me” when Kyle smashed cake in Brittany’s face) guests watched the newlywed’s first dance and then a surprise mashup of several fun party hits for the father-daughter dance that Sticky Boots custom produced in our own studios. We love unique touches like this, and the Platinum package is the perfect choice as it includes unlimited edits and custom studio production for just this purpose!
With the formalities complete, Sticky Boots rocked the dance floor with a wide range of old classics, new hits, country favorites, and club bangers, and even got a rare conga line started late in the evening for the die-hard party people. This party might have been at an Amish farm, but ask anyone that attended…this party rocked even harder than Rumspringa!
Ceremony song selections:
- Seating of Mothers: What A Wonderful World – Piano Guys
- Bridal Processional: Thousand Years – Piano Guys
- Unity Candle: Me & You – Kenny Chesney
- Recessional: Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: Yeah (Instrumental) – Usher
- Cake Cutting: I Can’t Help Myself – Four Tops / Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- First Dance: Amazed - Lonestar
- Father & Daughter Dance: Custom 9 song megamix mashup
- Mother & Son Dance: My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- Anniversary Dance: Remember When – Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss: Dear Future Husband – Meghan Trainor
- Garter Toss: Hot In Here - Nelly