It’s always a treat to travel to the Blue Dress Barn outside in southwestern Michigan’s wine country, and Kelly and Colby had an absolutely perfect day for their summer wedding ceremony and reception on the Blue Dress’ picture-perfect grounds. We supplied audio coverage and coordination for both their outdoor ceremony and the dinner and dancing that followed inside the historic barn.
The ceremony took place between the old concrete grain silos on the backside of the barn, and we provided sound from above on the balcony overlooking the site. Cocktails followed in the garden space adjacent to the ceremony site, and Kelly chose to use our unique option of a wireless remote speaker, which provided sound and announcements exactly where she needed it for cocktails. A traditional speaker would have been blocked by the huge silo, so our remote speaker option was the perfect solution.
Leah from Pearl Events in Grand Rapids helped coordinate the whole event and was a huge help to us in moving guests inside for the Grand Entrance along with dinner time toasts and other activities. With a summer outdoor wedding, Kelly and Colby chose a very fun “burger bar” buffet with grilled hamburgers and all the fixings including fried eggs and bacon made to order by chefs on-site, which was a huge hit the guests.
Toasts and cake cutting followed the dinner along with a touching anniversary dance, and then the couple’s 175 guests danced the night away to a fun mix of traditional party hits and new top 40 jams. And boy did they DANCE! It was a packed dancefloor in the middle of the barn until the very end with a huge circle around Kelly and Colby to celebrate their new lives together, before guests boarded a bus chartered to take them back to their hotels. A perfect end to a perfect day!
Ceremony song selections:
- Bridal Processional: 7 Years – Daniel Jang
- Bride’s Entrance: Canon In D (acoustic guitar) – Pachebel
- Recessional: Best Day of My Life – American Authors
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance: Walking On Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
- Cake Cutting: You And Me – Dave Matthews Band
- First Dance: Something I Need - OneRepublic
- Father & Daughter Dance: Daughter – Loudon Wainwright
- Mother & Son Dance: You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- Anniversary Dane: The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Bouquet Toss: Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar
- Garter Toss: Panda - Desiigner