When Kayla called from Norfolk, Virginia to book us for her October wedding reception, her fiancé Ben was deployed overseas with the United States Navy. The planned to actually be married in April, but would have a reception back in their hometown of South Bend, Indiana in October. We love veterans and active-duty members of the US military, and wedding celebrations involving service members have been some of the most fun we’ve been a part of, so Sticky Boots jumped at the chance to play for Kayla and Ben. Since Kayla was handling all the arrangements on her own from VA, we were able to make the process simple for her with our easy to understand planning forms and virtual consultations via Skype.
The reception was held at the Landing Catering banquet hall on Michigan street in South Bend, and the room looked beautiful for the small group of 90 friends and family gathered there. Sticky Boots brought out the Platinum package and entertained guests with a fun mix of current Top 40, hip-hop, and even a little country. Highlights included a unique Grand Entrance for just the bride & groom that transitioned right into their first dance, and an amazing wedding cake that was a traditional design on the front, and a Batman design in fondant on the back. It was one of the coolest and most detailed cakes we’ve seen in years! After the reception, the happy couple left for a relaxing honeymoon in Hawaii before Ben returned to VA to await his next deployment. Best of luck to this awesome young couple, and we pray for Ben’s safety as he works hard to keep the rest of us safe back home!
Reception song selections:
- Grand Entrance/First Dance: I Won’t Let Go – Rascal Flatts
- Cake Cutting: Original Batman Theme
- First Dance: Grow Old With Me – Florida-Georgia Line
- Father & Daughter Dances: My Wish – Rascal Flatts; Ballad of Jayne – LA Guns
- Mother & Son Dance: Angels – Randy Travis; I Hope You Dance – Leanne Womak
- Anniversary Dance: Remember When – Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss: This One’s For the Girls – Martina McBride
- Garter Toss: Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins